WiseHS works with customers who want to obtain:
- Authorization to grow the cannabis plant for medicinal purposes
- Authorization to import medicinal, cannabis-based medicines, preparations, and substances
- Export authorization for medicinal products, preparations, and substances based on cannabis for medicinal purposes
- Authorization for the manufacture of medicinal cannabis medicinal products, preparations, and substances
- Authorization for wholesale of medicinal products, preparations, and substances based on cannabis for medicinal purposes
- Marketing Authorization (ACM) for herbal cannabis preparations or substances for medicinal purposes
We help our customers establish themselves in the medical cannabis market by applying their know-how to develop high-quality cannabis herbal pharmaceuticals.
The Portuguese climate is well suited to the production of the Cannabis plant, as it has favorable light and water conditions for its plantation and growth, especially when compared with the northern European countries, where higher costs are required to cultivate the Cannabis plant. large scale plant.
In summary, the reasons that should be taken into account when choosing cannabis production in Portugal are as follows::
• Low-cost cultivation
• Economical export tariffs to other European countries
• Regulation in favor
Portugal decriminalized cannabis use, along with all other drugs in 2001. The use of cannabis for medicinal purposes was approved by the Portuguese Parliament on June 15, 2018.
Currently, the legislation regulating the Portuguese medical cannabis market comprises:
- Law No. 33/2018, of 18 July, which establishes the legal framework for the use of cannabis medicines, preparations and substances for medicinal purposes, namely their prescription and dispensation in pharmacy.
- Decree-Law No. 8/2019 of 15 January, which regulates the use of cannabis medicines, preparations and substances for medicinal purposes.